[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 3/9/16

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Wed Mar 9 12:14:33 EST 2016

Donnell Middle School Announcements

-If your student participated in the tumbler/cookie dough sales, please be sure their order forms are turned in.  They are being sent on Friday, so all forms must be in the possession of the office by Thursday at the latest.  They were actually due the 8th, but there is still time to turn in any stragglers.  Please remind your students to be sure they get turned into the office. This is the final fundraiser for those going to Washington DC.

-Robotics 2 meeting is canceled for Thursday, March 10th. The make ups meeting will be held on Monday March 14th.

-March's virtue is Appreciation of Diversity.  Teachers that selected the winners felt they: advocate for justice and equality * Are fair * Listen to others * Learn from each other * Strive to understand * Respect differences * Cooperate * Recognize cultural similarities * Treat others with dignity * Resolve conflict peacefully. Congratulations to:
            6th graders- Abigail Harjala and Gus Cleary
            7th graders- Shayla Bohannon and Ross McGirr
            8th graders- Bree Hauenstein and William Fedirka
-Summer school information is available in the office and on the Findlay City Schools website if you are interested in attending any of the classes.

-Donnell yearbooks are on sale now!  Orders are going to be taken until April 8th.  Homebase teachers passed out information on how you can order a yearbook online. Online orders can be taken at www.yearbookordercenter.com<http://www.yearbookordercenter.com> using the code # 12665. This year's book has 76 full-color pages of students smiling faces. Soft-cover books are $20.  We also have a hard-cover version available for $25.  Order forms are also available in the office.

-Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences will be March 10th. Letters have gone home from teachers requesting conferences for students.

- Spring pictures will be taken on March 16th.  Information will be sent home by Friday with students. Once the proofs arrive you will have a chance to order packets. Panoramic composite order forms will be available as well and can be picked up in the office.
-Spring Break is 3/25-4/3 this year. There will be no school.  Family vacations should try to be scheduled during that time rather than before or after so students don't lose valuable class time.

-If you have not yet done so this year, please be sure your student's school fees are paid up to date.  This will ensure that access to Progressbook will remain open and grade cards will not be held.

- Don't forget to save those aluminum cans for Mrs. Acuna.  The Ball Metal Corporation gives us money for them and we put it to good use!

-Address changes cannot be processed without a proof of residency. Please be sure and send in a copy of a utility bill or other documentation that proves residency if you have an address change to be made.

- Parents: please note that all absences must be followed up with a note from home upon your student's return to school.  If they do not bring in a note with the reason for their absence, it will be unexcused.  Also, each and every time a student will be absent from school, we must receive a call regarding that absence.  If before school hours, please leave a message on the attendance line
at 419-425-8371.

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT

-All players who are interested in trying out for Findlay High School Boys Soccer this coming Fall, should have a parent attend an informational meeting on Wednesday, March 9th at 7:00pm in Room 273 at Findlay High School.  This meeting will lay out all soccer activities for the summer.

-There will be an informational meeting for any girl interested in playing soccer for the 2016-17 school year at FHS and their parents in the high school cafeteria next Wednesday, March 16 at 7:00 p.m.

-Open gym for any 6th grade boy interested in basketball will be on March 8, 9, 15, 17, 22, and 23rd from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

-Attention 7th and 8th grade students interested in track. For those students who have not yet participated or tried out in a sport this school year, Athletic Packets can be picked up in the main office or downloaded off the Donnell website. You must have a completed athletic packet on file to be able to participate in track.  Track information will be available in Mr. Blackburn's room during lunch and homebase and after school (Room 107).  Track practice begins on March 14th.

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out.  Also,  please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses in the dark.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.

Parents - please be extra careful when dropping off and picking up your students on Lime St.  There should only be one lane of traffic on that street.  Please be patient and wait your turn as you drop off and pick up your student.  We appreciate your help in this matter...we want our students to be safe.

Email Alerts now available for Progress Book:
Once you have registered for a Progress Book account, you can go to the Family Information section on the left side and click on Alerts.
You can have an email sent to you for when your student is missing assignments or has received a low assignment score.  You must check the appropriate boxes and click the Set Low Marks Settings to view the classes you wish to see low scores associated. You MUST choose a letter grade for each subject you wish to receive the alert about.

Progress Book Access
If you need assistance with setting up your students / parent progress book access, please go to this link off the Donnell website.  It is on the left side column called:  Progress Book Assistance.
http://www.findlaycityschools.org/pbhelp.html
Please fill in the form completely, with your student's full name and your full name.  If you just need the registration code, please state that and one will be sent to you.  Parents and students each have their own code.  If you are having other issues, please explain your situation and someone will contact you.

Lunch Accounts/ Fees:  Parents did you know that you can go through EZ Pay and sign up for text alerts to be notified when your child's lunch account is getting low?  Avoids having to check the account every day and student reminders don't always make it home to parents.  All you need is an email/phone number, your student's ID number and 2 minutes of your time, so check it out today at our school website!

Don Williams
Donnell Principal