[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 3/21/16

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Mon Mar 21 10:36:02 EDT 2016

Donnell Middle School Announcements

-Bus 33 will be in Bus 40 until further notice beginning today, March 21, 2016

-If you have not yet done so this year, please be sure your student's school fees are paid up to date.  This will ensure that access to Progressbook will remain open and grade cards will not be held. If you are not able to access Progressbook you may have fees due.  The EZ Pay link is still active for you to go online and view what is owing and pay them, or you can pay them in the office with cash, money order or check.

- Science club meeting will be canceled this week. Make-up meeting will be after spring break on April 6th

-Art and Craft Club will not meet this week.  We will reschedule our meeting after spring break.

-Spring Break is 3/25-4/3 this year. There will be no school.

-The Washington D.C. trip for 8th graders is in the finalization stage.  If you are registered and not yet paid up, please log into www.prodigystudenttravel.com<http://www.prodigystudenttravel.com> and take care of the balance as soon as possible.
   Fundraiser figures have been calculated and reported to Prodigy.  The deadline for final payment is April 1st.

-As the weather starts to warm up, we start to see more students in "spring attire". Shorts get shorter, clothing becomes less bulky and more sheer.   Please remind students of the dress code policy which can be found in the student handbook and be sure proper school attire is worn. Most students know what is acceptable, but question when something is borderline.  As a rule of thumb: "When in doubt, change it out."

-March's virtue is Appreciation of Diversity.  Teachers that selected the winners felt they: advocate for justice and equality * Are fair * Listen to others * Learn from each other * Strive to understand * Respect differences * Cooperate * Recognize cultural similarities * Treat others with dignity * Resolve conflict peacefully. Congratulations to:
            6th graders- Abigail Harjala and Gus Cleary
            7th graders- Shayla Bohannon and Ross McGirr
            8th graders- Bree Hauenstein and William Fedirka
-Summer school information is available in the office and on the Findlay City Schools website if you are interested in attending any of the classes.

-Donnell yearbooks are on sale now!  Orders are going to be taken until April 8th.  Homebase teachers passed out information on how you can order a yearbook online. Online orders can be taken at www.yearbookordercenter.com<http://www.yearbookordercenter.com> using the code # 12665. This year's book has 76 full-color pages of students smiling faces. Soft-cover books are $20.  We also have a hard-cover version available for $25.  Order forms are also available in the office.

- Don't forget to save those aluminum cans for Mrs. Acuna.  The Ball Metal Corporation gives us money for them and we put it to good use!

-Address changes cannot be processed without a proof of residency. Please be sure and send in a copy of a utility bill or other documentation that proves residency if you have an address change to be made.

- Parents: please note that all absences must be followed up with a note from home upon your student's return to school.  If they do not bring in a note with the reason for their absence, it will be unexcused.  Also, each and every time a student will be absent from school, we must receive a call regarding that absence.  If before school hours, please leave a message on the attendance line
at 419-425-8371.

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT

-Open gym for any 6th grade boy interested in basketball will be on March 22, and 23rd from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out.  Also,  please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses in the dark.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.

Parents - please be extra careful when dropping off and picking up your students on Lime St.  There should only be one lane of traffic on that street.  Please be patient and wait your turn as you drop off and pick up your student.  We appreciate your help in this matter...we want our students to be safe.

Email Alerts now available for Progress Book:
Once you have registered for a Progress Book account, you can go to the Family Information section on the left side and click on Alerts.
You can have an email sent to you for when your student is missing assignments or has received a low assignment score.  You must check the appropriate boxes and click the Set Low Marks Settings to view the classes you wish to see low scores associated. You MUST choose a letter grade for each subject you wish to receive the alert about.

Progress Book Access
If you need assistance with setting up your students / parent progress book access, please go to this link off the Donnell website.  It is on the left side column called:  Progress Book Assistance.
http://www.findlaycityschools.org/pbhelp.html
Please fill in the form completely, with your student's full name and your full name.  If you just need the registration code, please state that and one will be sent to you.  Parents and students each have their own code.  If you are having other issues, please explain your situation and someone will contact you.

Lunch Accounts/ Fees:  Parents did you know that you can go through EZ Pay and sign up for text alerts to be notified when your child's lunch account is getting low?  Avoids having to check the account every day and student reminders don't always make it home to parents.  All you need is an email/phone number, your student's ID number and 2 minutes of your time, so check it out today at our school website!

Don Williams
Donnell Principal