[Donnellparents] Donnell M.S. Announcements 5/5/16

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Thu May 5 11:55:30 EDT 2016

Donnell Middle School Announcements

-The next PTO meeting will be Monday, May 9th at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Room. Anyone interested in helping out the PTO is encouraged to attend.

[cid:image002.png at 01D1A6C5.04D3C2D0]The Donnell Walk-a-thon is May 20th.  The minimum donation to participate is $5. T-shirts cost an additional $10 and can be ordered on the student collection envelope. T-shirt orders are due May 3rd.  Remember to turn in your collection envelope to your homebase teacher! This is a PTO fundraiser.  The money helps to fund field trips for sixth and seventh graders. Eighth grade money helps to fund a legacy gift such as a clock for the cafetorium.

-7th graders-Are you interested in helping others and making a difference at your school?  Then fill out an application to be a Peer Coach today!  Hurry-the deadline is Wednesday, May 11!

-Attention to those in the Peer Coaching and THRIVE Leader groups:  Be sure to turn in your permission forms to be able to go to Camp Glen! The permission forms are due by Monday, May 9!

-The Talent Show is tentatively scheduled for May 24th during 7th and 8th period in the gym

-For guidelines on what is acceptable school attire during the warmer weather, please refer to the student handbook. (parents this is available online at our website also).  T-shirts like the one shown above are perfectly acceptable! :)

- Mandated testing continues next week, so if possible, please be sure your student it in attendance every day, all day.

- Don't forget to save those aluminum cans for Mrs. Acuna.  Final collection date is Friday, May 13th. The Ball Metal Corporation gives us money for them and we put it to good use!

-Address changes cannot be processed without a proof of residency. Please be sure and send in a copy of a utility bill or other documentation that proves residency if you have an address change to be made.

-Scholastic Book Fair is coming May 16-20 and everything is Buy 1 Get 1 Free.

-The Spring Concert for 8th Graders will take place in the Marathon Center for the Performing Arts on May 12th at 7:30 p.m.  Students will need to report at 7:15 p.m. for warm up and organization as a group. Students should dress in nice, school appropriate clothes, (no jeans please if possible).  The 6th graders will also be performing on the same evening beginning at 6:30 p.m. and the 7th grade will follow them at 7:00 p.m. The 8th grade portion of the show (including Fusion) will be approximately 45 minutes long.

May's virtue is Integrity.  Those students who were selected demonstrate kindness, honesty, accountability, trustworthiness, loyalty, and justice. Teachers selected the following students:
        6th graders- Brianna Nichols and Micah Moyer
        7th graders- Craig Corbin and Sophie Caton
        8th graders- Jacob Story and Emily Middleton
Congratulations to all of the winners!

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT
-Attention 8th graders - if you are interested in being a Findlay High School Cheerleader for next school year, please stop down at the office to pick up a tryout packet.  Clinics and tryouts will be at the high school on May 11th and 13th from 3 to 5pm.

-If you are interested in becoming a Donnell Middle School cheerleader, please see the attached tryout information.  Packets are also available in the office and online as well.

-If you are a current 8th grader and are interested in participating in golf next year at the high school...please see the attachment for the pre-season schedule.

-6th and 7th grade girls interested in basketball open gyms should see Mr. Stutzman for a schedule.

-6th grade boys open gyms will be from 6:00-7:30 on May 5,10, 12, 17, 19, and 24th.

-Be a part of the Tradition with the SUMMER ATHLETIC CAMPS at FINDLAY HIGH SCHOOL.  ALL Camps available online at https://campscui.active.com/orgs/FindlayCitySchoolDistrict.  Discounts are provided for multiple camps and siblings.  Join the summer fun at Findlay High.  One Community, One School, One Family...WIN AS ONE! GO TROJANS!

-We will have an organizational meeting for all students that want to play JV or Varsity Hockey for the 2016/17 season. The meeting will be on Wednesday May 18th at 6 PM,  (allow 1 hour for the meeting ) at the Cube conference room. Please be there on time and if you cannot make it I need you to let me know and include your current email address and cell phone number.
Also put the date down of June 11th , Findlay High School is having the Trojan Trot and we will be working at this event. More to come later.

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out. Students also please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.

Parents - please be extra careful when dropping off and picking up your students on Lime St.  There should only be one lane of traffic on that street.  Please be patient and wait your turn as you drop off and pick up your student.  We appreciate your help in this matter...we want our students to be safe.

Email Alerts now available for Progress Book:
Once you have registered for a Progress Book account, you can go to the Family Information section on the left side and click on Alerts.
You can have an email sent to you for when your student is missing assignments or has received a low assignment score.  You must check the appropriate boxes and click the Set Low Marks Settings to view the classes you wish to see low scores associated. You MUST choose a letter grade for each subject you wish to receive the alert about.

 Progress Book Access
If you need assistance with setting up your students / parent progress book access, please go to this link off the Donnell website.  It is on the left side column called:  Progress Book Assistance. http://www.findlaycityschools.org/pbhelp.html
Please fill in the form completely, with your student's full name and your full name.  If you just need the registration code, please state that and one will be sent to you.  Parents and students each have their own code.  If you are having other issues, please explain your situation and someone will contact you.

Lunch Accounts/ Fees:  Parents did you know that you can go through EZ Pay and sign up for text alerts to be notified when your child's lunch account is getting low?  Avoids having to check the account every day and student reminders don't always make it home to parents.  All you need is an email/phone number, your student's ID number and 2 minutes of your time, so check it out today at our school website!

Don Williams
Donnell Principal