[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 9/19/16

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Mon Sep 19 09:51:37 EDT 2016

Donnell Middle School Announcements:

New Donnell Attendance Number:  1-844-305-3755.  Please remember to call in on the new number prior to 8:00 a.m. if your student will be absent that day.

-In Findlay City Schools, the September Virtue is, Self-Discipline.  Those that display this virtue: resolve conflicts peacefully, exhibit patience, demonstrate self-control, sacrifice short-term gratification for long term goals, are diligent, are a good listener, and practice positive self-reflection. Congratulations to all of our winners!  Teachers in each grade level felt the following students demonstrated these characteristics:
       6th graders- Grace Jung and JJ Benjamin
       7th graders- Trace Robinson and Olivia Churchill
       8th graders- Josh Boyd and Emma Lutz
-Attached you will find a list of the extracurricular activities Donnell has available.  Please encourage your student to check them out and join anything they may find interesting.
-The 34th Annual Donnell Chicken BBQ tickets are now on sale.  The dinner will be held on Friday, September 23 and features Harlan's famous chicken.  The proceeds from the BBQ will fund the Ron Jenkins Scholarship Fund that awards three $1000 scholarships to former Donnell athletes upon graduation from FHS. We challenge each student to sell 10 tickets.  Order forms were sent home. Tickets are also available at Trends on Main and Decorations Plus as well as at the Donnell M.S. office.

-If you have not yet returned your emergency medical form to the office, please do so as soon as possible.

-Box Tops for Education (www.btfe.com<http://www.btfe.com>) is a school earnings program that helps Donnell earn cash to buy the things our school needs.
Box Tops are each worth 10¢ for Donnell and are found on hundreds of products. When students, families, schools and communities work together to collect Box Tops, the money adds up fast. Our goal this year is $1000.00!! Please send your Box Tops in as you get them! Either give to your teacher or place in the Box Tops box in the office.

-PTO meets the second Monday of every month in the Room 101 at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. All are welcome.

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg.

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT:
The cross country team traveled to Toledo on Saturday for a 2 mile race in the pouring rain!  Both the boys' and girls' team brought home FIRST PLACE trophies.  Congratulations to all the runners!!  Good luck at your next meet this Thursday in Upper Sandusky!

-If you would like to purchase a Middle School Athletic Pass for the 2016-2017 school year, please fill out the form on our school website. It is located under the links tab at the top of the screen.  It's the most cost effective way for your entire household to enjoy the sporting events!

Monday
DO VB w/ Fremont - 4:30 - Donnell MS
GW VB at Lima - 4:30 - West MS

Wednesday
DO VB w/ Lima - 4:30 - Donnell MS
GW VB at Fremont - 4:30 - Fremont MS

Thursday
DO 7th FB w/ GW FB - 4:30 - Donnell Stadium
DO 8th FB w/ GW FB - 6:00 - Donnell Stadium
MS Cross Country at Upper Sandusky

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out. Students also please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.

Email Alerts now available for Progress Book:
Once you have registered for a Progress Book account, you can go to the Family Information section on the left side and click on Alerts.
You can have an email sent to you for when your student is missing assignments or has received a low assignment score.  You must check the appropriate boxes and click the Set Low Marks Settings to view the classes you wish to see low scores associated. You MUST choose a letter grade for each subject you wish to receive the alert about.

Progress Book Access:
If you need assistance with setting up your students / parent progress book access, please go to this link off the Donnell website.  It is on the left side column called:  Progress Book Assistance. http://www.findlaycityschools.org/pbhelp.html
Please fill in the form completely, with your student's full name and your full name.  If you just need the registration code, please state that and one will be sent to you.  Parents and students each have their own code.  If you are having other issues, please explain your situation and someone will contact you.

Lunch Accounts/ Fees:  Parents did you know that you can go through EZ Pay and sign up for text alerts to be notified when your child's lunch account is getting low?  Avoids having to check the account every day and student reminders don't always make it home to parents.  All you need is an email/phone number, your student's ID number and 2 minutes of your time, so check it out today at our school website!

Don Williams
Donnell Principal