[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 9/23/16

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Fri Sep 23 11:21:07 EDT 2016

Donnell Middle School Announcements:

New Donnell Attendance Number:  1-844-305-3755.  Please remember to call in on the new number prior to 8:00 a.m. if your student will be absent or late.

-Tonight is the Donnell Chicken BBQ!  Thanks to the generous support from the community, the proceeds from the BBQ will fund the Ron Jenkins Scholarship Fund that awards three $1000 scholarships to former athletes upon graduation from FHS. We look forward to feeding nearly 2000 people prior to the FHS home game with Oregon Clay tonight!

7th and 8th graders who qualified for the Power of the Pen writing team will have their first informational meeting on Monday, September 26 right after school in the LIBRARY

Attention 6th graders, it is not too late to join the Band.  This Saturday from 10 AM - Noon Mr. Sheehe will have a Beginner Band Class.  This class will start from scratch and by the end of the class at noon you will be far enough along to join the regular Band class during 6th period.  Your Parents must register students IN ADVANCE with Mr. Sheehe.  The class is free, but space is limited.  See Mr. Sheehe for a handout for your parents to get you registered for Saturday.

-In Findlay City Schools, the September Virtue is, Self-Discipline.  Those that display this virtue: resolve conflicts peacefully, exhibit patience, demonstrate self-control, sacrifice short-term gratification for long term goals, are diligent, are a good listener, and practice positive self-reflection. Congratulations to all of our winners!  Teachers in each grade level felt the following students demonstrated these characteristics:
       6th graders- Grace Jung and JJ Benjamin
       7th graders- Trace Robinson and Olivia Churchill
       8th graders- Josh Boyd and Emma Lutz

Seth Camiscione, Brayden Dove, Jacob Girdler, Mary Klein, Shea McMaster, Katelyn Mays and Will Yates are involved in the on-stage cast and technical crew of Youtheatre's production of Godspell. The performances are in the Great Room at First Presbyterian Church at 7 p.m. on Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24 and at 2 p.m. on Sunday, September 25.  Tickets are on sale at The Arts Partnership Office, 419-422-4624. Limited tickets will be available at the door ½ hour prior to the performances.

-Congratulations to our own Destiny Gertz for being named the Petite Oktoberfest Princess for Findlay.  Good job, Destiny!!

-If you have not yet returned your emergency medical form to the office, please do so as soon as possible.

-Box Tops for Education (www.btfe.com<http://www.btfe.com>) is a school earnings program that helps Donnell earn cash to buy the things our school needs.
Box Tops are each worth 10¢ for Donnell and are found on hundreds of products. When students, families, schools and communities work together to collect Box Tops, the money adds up fast. Our goal this year is $1000.00!! Please send your Box Tops in as you get them! Either give to your teacher or place in the Box Tops box in the office.

-PTO meets the second Monday of every month in the Room 101 at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. All are welcome.

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg.

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT:
The cross country team traveled to Upper Sandusky yesterday to compete against 12 other teams.  The girls' team finished second overall earning a school trophy.  The boys' team also earned a trophy for their FIRST place finish.  Craig Corbin's strong finish cinched the win for the Trojans.  Congratulations to all the runners!

8th Grade Football won last night 26 to 0!  Tanner Herz scored 3 touchdowns and Nick Ibarra scored on a 60 yard Touchdown pass from Ryan Spargo.  Ryan Stillings caught 3 passes and kicked two extra points.  Caden Ervin, Philip Ogg, DeAndre Theis, Nathan Sterling, Laith Salama, Trevor Hanes and Grant Jolliff played great on defense.  It was a great team effort!

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out. Students also please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.

Email Alerts now available for Progress Book:
Once you have registered for a Progress Book account, you can go to the Family Information section on the left side and click on Alerts.
You can have an email sent to you for when your student is missing assignments or has received a low assignment score.  You must check the appropriate boxes and click the Set Low Marks Settings to view the classes you wish to see low scores associated. You MUST choose a letter grade for each subject you wish to receive the alert about.

Progress Book Access:
If you need assistance with setting up your students / parent progress book access, please go to this link off the Donnell website.  It is on the left side column called:  Progress Book Assistance. http://www.findlaycityschools.org/pbhelp.html
Please fill in the form completely, with your student's full name and your full name.  If you just need the registration code, please state that and one will be sent to you.  Parents and students each have their own code.  If you are having other issues, please explain your situation and someone will contact you.

Lunch Accounts/ Fees:  Parents did you know that you can go through EZ Pay and sign up for text alerts to be notified when your child's lunch account is getting low?  Avoids having to check the account every day and student reminders don't always make it home to parents.  All you need is an email/phone number, your student's ID number and 2 minutes of your time, so check it out today at our school website!

Don Williams
Donnell Principal