[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 9/27/16

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Tue Sep 27 07:46:23 EDT 2016

Donnell Middle School Announcements:

New Donnell Attendance Number:  1-844-305-3755.  Please remember to call in on the new number prior to 8:00 a.m. if your student will be absent or late.
-There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, September 29th in the Donnell Gym to discuss this year's 8th Grade Washington DC trip.  The meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. and will run until approximately 7:00 p.m. Parents of all 8th graders are encouraged to attend. Valuable information will be shared about the trip. Handouts will be available in the office on Monday for those who cannot attend.
-Attached in information on the new Trojan Social Club.  It is tentatively scheduled to meet in the Library after school. If that changes, we will let you know.

-This week is homecoming week.  Don't forget to dress up all week!   Tuesday is Jersey Day, Wednesday is America Day,  Thurs-No School for students, Friday is BLUE AND GO!

-In Findlay City Schools, the September Virtue is, Self-Discipline.  Those that display this virtue: resolve conflicts peacefully, exhibit patience, demonstrate self-control, sacrifice short-term gratification for long term goals, are diligent, are a good listener, and practice positive self-reflection. Congratulations to all of our winners!  Teachers in each grade level felt the following students demonstrated these characteristics:

       6th graders- Grace Jung and JJ Benjamin
       7th graders- Trace Robinson and Olivia Churchill
       8th graders- Josh Boyd and Emma Lutz

-If you have not yet returned your emergency medical form to the office, please do so as soon as possible.

-PTO meets the second Monday of every month in the Room 101 at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. All are welcome.

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg.
FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT:
Attention 7th grade boys interested in basketball, there will be an open gym Tuesday night (9/27) from 7:00 - 8:30 in our gym.

The 8th grade volleyball team lost in 3 challenging games against Glenwood yesterday.  The scores were 25-14, 25-14, and 26-24.  Libby Sapp led the team with 3 aces and Caitlyn Lentz had several strong serves.  Taylor Gayhart had 13 attacks, Caroline Dowling had 13 digs, and Haleigh Qualls had 10 passes.  Overall Sammie Vance had 11 kills, Shayla Bohannon had 4, and Sophia Caton and Leea Ibarra had 2.  Come support them in their game Wednesday against Fassett Gold!  7th grade plays at 4:30 and 8th grade plays afterwards. Hope to see you then!

The seventh-grade girls also lost in three games against Glenwood. They played absolutely amazing as a team. Ashley Robinson added three kills and two aces. Sonoma Eynon and Bri Nichols both scored kills for the Trojans. Ashley Sterling, Sophia Ruiz and Abi Harjala added aces against the Glenwood team.

Wednesday
DO VB w/ Fassett Gold - 4:30 - Donnell MS
GW VB @ Fassett Green - 4:30 - Fassett MS

Thursday
DO 8th FB w/ Washington - 5:00 - Donnell Stadium
DO 7th FB @ Washington - 5:00 - Whitmer Panther Stadium
GW 8th FB w/ Fassett - 5:00 - Findlay HS Practice Field
GW 7th FB @ Fassett - 5:00 - Clay HS Stadium

Saturday
MS Cross Country @ Pearson Park

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out. Students also please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.

Email Alerts now available for Progress Book:
Once you have registered for a Progress Book account, you can go to the Family Information section on the left side and click on Alerts.
You can have an email sent to you for when your student is missing assignments or has received a low assignment score.  You must check the appropriate boxes and click the Set Low Marks Settings to view the classes you wish to see low scores associated. You MUST choose a letter grade for each subject you wish to receive the alert about.

Progress Book Access:
If you need assistance with setting up your students / parent progress book access, please go to this link off the Donnell website.  It is on the left side column called:  Progress Book Assistance. http://www.findlaycityschools.org/pbhelp.html
Please fill in the form completely, with your student's full name and your full name.  If you just need the registration code, please state that and one will be sent to you.  Parents and students each have their own code.  If you are having other issues, please explain your situation and someone will contact you.

Lunch Accounts/ Fees:  Parents did you know that you can go through EZ Pay and sign up for text alerts to be notified when your child's lunch account is getting low?  Avoids having to check the account every day and student reminders don't always make it home to parents.  All you need is an email/phone number, your student's ID number and 2 minutes of your time, so check it out today at our school website!

Don Williams
Donnell Principal