[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 3/1/17

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Wed Mar 1 10:31:33 EST 2017

Donnell Middle School Announcement
Parents, please do not pull in the back parking lot when dropping off or picking up your student in the morning or afternoon.  It has become an unsafe situation again.  Please pick up/drop off all students on Lime Street or in the far west parking lot.  Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated!!
-Congratulations to all of the students that represented Donnell at the City Science Fair last night.  Sydney Eynon came away tied for first place earning her the opportunity to participate in the District Science Fair at Ohio Northern University later this month. Thanks to all that came out to support the Trojans!
-Art & Craft Club members:  a revised schedule with new meeting dates is located in the office.  The new dates will be Tuesdays on March 14, 28 & April 18.  Hope to see you there.

-Reading Club meets after school today in the cafetorium.

-The Student Council is hosting a dance this Friday from 4-6 PM in the Main Gym, Cafetorium & Community Room.  Tickets are $4 at the door or $3 at lunch.  Concessions will be available for additional cost. The theme is Glow in the Dark.  Hope everyone can attend!!
The Hancock Historical Museum will host a Night at the Museum on Friday, March 10th. Children ages 8-12 are invited to join museum staff and volunteers for an overnight and explore how history comes alive after dark. Activities will include reenactors and special guests, crafts, cooking over the hearth in the Crawford Log House, a behind-the-scenes look at the museum collections, and more. Historical interpreters from WWI, Civil War, the War of 1812 and the American Revolution will be interacting with the children.  We will also have a visit from Jasper and Attie Hull who lived in the Hull House during the 1880's.  An evening snack and light breakfast will be provided. Children may be dropped off at 7pm on Friday, March 10th and picked-up by 8am on Saturday, March 11th.
-The cost for the overnight is $40 per child for museum members, and $50 per child for nonmembers. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Reservations must be received and paid in full by Thursday, March 9th. For more information or to make a reservation, please call the museum at (419)423-4433 or visit www.hancockhistoricalmuseum.org<http://www.hancockhistoricalmuseum.org>.
-Reminder to those wanting to do Colorguard we will have another help session on Wednesday, March 1st after school.

-We have a couple dozen McDonald's peeler cards left from our Washington DC trip fundraiser. If you would like to purchase and, please feel free to stop in the office and see Mrs. Zacharias.  Cost is $10.00 and they are good until 3/31/2018 at participating McDonalds in Miami Valley area, Northwest Ohio and S.E. Michigan.

To eighth graders going on the DC trip that have participated in fundraisers, cards containing your current totals earned are available in the office.  Please remind your student to stop down and pick them up from Mrs. Zacharias.  No phone calls please.

-There will be NO intramurals this week.

-Findlay Enrichment Programs (FEP) Outback fundraiser is here!  Please consider buying dinner tickets for either adults or children for March 6, 7 or 8. An adult ticket is $15 (FEP's profit is $11.50) and a child's ticket is $5 (FEP's profit is $3). An adult meal is chicken/steak with mashed potatoes, salad and dessert; a child's meal is chicken fingers and fries or large mac and cheese.
Contact Karen Herold at kherold at findlaycityschools.org<mailto:kherold at findlaycityschools.org> or call Judy Withrow (419-425-8296) or email jwithrow at fcs.org<mailto:jwithrow at fcs.org>.
A flyer is attached but you can order via email or phone call. If you need a certain date, do get your tickets right away.

-Attached is information on the fundraiser and reverse raffle being held this year by Findlay Trojan Club. The Trojan Club supports athletes in grades 7-12.  They also provide equipment and uniforms for the middle school.

-February's Virtue is Respect. Those who received this award Respect life, self, family and others; Respect the rights and beliefs of others; Respect rules; Work for justice; Are fair; Treat others with dignity; and Communicate appropriately
Teachers selected the following students:
6th graders- Makayla May and Grant Johnston
 7th graders- April Sanders and Josh Nelson
8th graders- Paige Rosselet and Krish Mehta
Congratulations to all of our winners!

-Information for College Credit Plus is available on the Donnell Middle School Website under the "counseling" tab, and then "parent resources" tab. There may be limited classes offered at the 9th grade level.  See your middle school counselor before Feb. 17, if you are interested in registering for these classes.  Please be aware that if you take a CCP class, then the grade earned will be calculated in your high school GPA and your college GPA.

-PTO meets the second Monday of every month in the Room 101 at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. All are welcome. Do you have a Facebook account? Go out and follow our new Donnell Middle School PTO Facebook page today !!!

-Parent volunteers are needed for PTO concessions...see links below for links to sign up!
-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg.

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT
-Findlay Boys' Soccer Coaches will have a pre-season informational parent meeting on Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 7:00pm at FHS in Room 273 located on the second floor.  This meeting is for all parents that have players that are interested in trying out for FHS soccer in August of this year.   Packets with all the important dates and information for our summer activities will be given out.  If you have questions, please call Head Coach, Bill Geaman at 419-306-3626 after 5:00pm.

-All 7th and 8th grade students interested in joining Track should stop by Mr. Blackburn's classroom to sign up and grab an informational packet.  Track practice will officially begin on Monday, March 13th.  No student will be able to participate if they do not have a physical and necessary paperwork turned into the office by Monday, March 13th.

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out. Students also please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.