[Donnellparents] DMS announcements 3/13/17

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Mon Mar 13 13:44:47 EDT 2017

Donnell Middle School Announcement

Parents and guardians, please make sure your student is aware that slime is not allowed at school or on the school bus.  Slime was misused at school, causing a disruption to the learning environment, and messes in hair, on clothing, and on school property.  Students have also created Instagram accounts to sell slime at school.  Students are not permitted to sell items at school unless it is a school sponsored fundraiser.

-There will be a SODA Club meeting Thursday after school in 3:15 in the Cafetorium.

-The Art & Craft Club meeting scheduled for tomorrow (March 14) has been re-scheduled for next Tuesday, March 21.  The other two days we have scheduled for Art Club will stay as planned.

Washington DC Participants:  Fundraisers are still going on. We are selling chocolate bars until March 27th and next we will be selling cookie dough which will begin on March 28th.  Fundraiser totals will be sent over to Prodigy Student Travel once all of them are done. If you are close to being paid up for the trip and know that your fundraiser totals are going to be enough to cover the remainder...there is no need to worry about making more payments to Prodigy.  Once all the totals are in, if you have overpaid by less than $50, you will be issued the money back.  If you overpaid by more than $50, there will be a credit issued back in the same method of payment you have paid for the trip.  (if you paid by credit card, they will credit back that card. If you paid by check, you will get a check).  If your student is on waitlist, Prodigy will not know who is moving up until all the fundraisers are done and final payments are tallied. This will not happen until about mid-April.  Hopefully this answers the questions you may have.

-Donnell Yearbooks are on sale now. Order online, or bring cash or check to Mrs. Moore in the main office. 80 color pages - that's 4 more pages than last year. Yearbooks are available in soft-cover for $20. and hardcover for $25. The deadline for orders is April 1st, so don't miss out!

-Art & Craft Club members:  a revised schedule with new meeting dates is located in the office.  The new dates will be Tuesdays on March 14, 28 & April 18.  Hope to see you there.

-Reminder to 6th Grade Donnell Reading Club -   We will be meeting today,  Monday, March 13 and on Wed. 3/15 in the cafetorium.

-Attached is information on the fundraiser and reverse raffle being held this year by Findlay Trojan Club. The Trojan Club supports athletes in grades 7-12.  They also provide equipment and uniforms for the middle school.

-The Virtue for March is Appreciation of Diversity.  Those that Appreciate Diversity * Advocate for justice and equality * Are fair * Listen to others * Learn from each other * Strive to understand * Respect differences * Cooperate * Recognize cultural similarities * Treat others with dignity * Resolve conflict peacefully.  Congratulation to all of our winners!
Teachers have selected:
          6th graders- Tabitha Cap and Izaak Zechman
          7th graders- Gus Cleary and Addison Hoffman
          8th graders- Nate Wallen and Bethany Wise

-PTO meets the second Monday of every month in the Room 101 at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. All are welcome. Do you have a Facebook account? Go out and follow our new Donnell Middle School PTO Facebook page today !!!

-Parent volunteers are needed for PTO concessions...see links below for links to sign up!
-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg.

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT
-The Open Gym for volleyball at the HS today has been cancelled.
-All 7th and 8th grade students interested in joining Track should stop by Mr. Blackburn's classroom to sign up and grab an informational packet.  Track practice will officially begin on Monday, March 13th.  No student will be able to participate if they do not have a physical and necessary paperwork turned into the office by Monday, March 13th.  Athletic packets are available online and in the office.

-Attached is information regarding the program and expectations of those joining track  this season's track schedule.

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out. Students also please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.