[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements March 20, 2017

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Mon Mar 20 14:08:44 EDT 2017

Donnell Middle School Announcement

-Monday, March 20 sixth grade reading club meets after school in cafetorium.
-Wednesday, March 22 sixth grade reading club meets after school in cafetorium.

-Spring Picture Day has been rescheduled for April 3rd.   If you would like to volunteer to help out that morning, please contact Meagan Brown at mbrown at fcs.org<mailto:mbrown at fcs.org>.  We need at least three volunteers to help with students in the gym.  Spring pictures and the panoramic picture will be taken this day.

-Findlay High Schools Junior Statesmen of America's annual Community Dinner will be April 6, 2017 at First Presbyterian Church. (See attached flyer) Cedar Valley Café will cater the meal of salad, chicken, hummus, pita bread and homemade desserts (JSA members). Carryout will be available from 5:00-7:00 with the dinner from 6:00-7:15. Cost of the meal is $10 with $4 of each ticket going toward a medical camp in Tanga, Tanzania to provide eye and orthopedic surgeries to hundreds of people.
Carris Lammers will speak at 6:30 about the non-profit All We Are that provides solar power and soccer gear to schools in Kampala, Uganda.
Please contact Judy Withrow at 419-425-8296 or jwithrow at fcs.org<mailto:jwithrow at fcs.org> for tickets.

-The Donnell Walk-a-thon is coming! This year's theme is, These BOOTS are made for WALKIN' with all proceeds going toward The BOOT Project. Students, get your creativity flowing and submit a design for this year's t-shirt!  Designs are due March 23. Pick up the template from Mrs. Gilbert.

-Donnell Yearbooks are on sale now. Order online, or bring cash or check to Mrs. Moore in the main office. 80 color pages - that's 4 more pages than last year. Yearbooks are available in soft-cover for $20. and hardcover for $25. The deadline for orders is April 1st, so don't miss out!

Washington DC Participants:  Fundraisers are still going on. We are selling chocolate bars until March 27th and next we will be selling cookie dough which will begin on March 28th.  Fundraiser totals will be sent over to Prodigy Student Travel once all of them are done. If you are close to being paid up for the trip and know that your fundraiser totals are going to be enough to cover the remainder...there is no need to worry about making more payments to Prodigy.  Once all the totals are in, if you have overpaid by less than $50, you will be issued the money back.  If you overpaid by more than $50, there will be a credit issued back in the same method of payment you have paid for the trip.  (if you paid by credit card, they will credit back that card. If you paid by check, you will get a check).  If your student is on waitlist, Prodigy will not know who is moving up until all the fundraisers are done and final payments are tallied. This will not happen until about mid-April.  Hopefully this answers the questions you may have.

-The Virtue for March is Appreciation of Diversity.  Those that Appreciate Diversity · Advocate for justice and equality · Are fair · Listen to others · Learn from each other · Strive to understand · Respect differences · Cooperate · Recognize cultural similarities · Treat others with dignity · Resolve conflict peacefully.  Congratulation to all of our winners!
Teachers have selected:
          6th graders- Tabitha Cap and Izaak Zechman
          7th graders- Gus Cleary and Addison Hoffman
          8th graders- Nate Wallen and Bethany Wise

-PTO normally meets the second Monday of every month in the Room 101 at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. All are welcome. The next  PTO meeting will be April 3 and nominations will be taken at this meeting.

Do you have a Facebook account? Go out and follow our new Donnell Middle School PTO Facebook page today !!!

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg.

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT
Volleyball workouts at the high school have been canceled for tonight.

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out. Students also please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.