[Donnellparents] DMS announcements 3/22/17

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Wed Mar 22 09:17:21 EDT 2017

Donnell Middle School Announcement

-Wednesday, March 22 -sixth grade reading club meets after school in cafetorium.

-Attention 6th grade science club members.  We will be meeting today after school at 2:30 in Mr. Miller's room.  Please let Mr. Miller or Mrs. Smith know if you cannot attend.

-The Washington DC trip chocolate bar sale is ending soon. Money is due on Monday, March 27th.  Please be sure the envelopes turned in contain the students' names and the correct amount of money ($60).  Money must be turned into the office in the morning if the student plans to pick up another box of chocolate at the end of the day. This will be the last weekend to sell, so make it worthwhile!

-Only 20 days left to order your 2016-2017 Donnell yearbook! The final day to order is April 10th. We don't order extras, and you don't want to miss out. Order your yearbook today! Extra order forms are available from Mrs. Sheaffer or in the main office.

-Spring Picture Day has been rescheduled for April 3rd.   If you would like to volunteer to help out that morning, please contact Meagan Brown at mbrown at fcs.org<mailto:mbrown at fcs.org>.  We need at least three volunteers to help with students in the gym.  Spring pictures and the panoramic picture will be taken this day.

-The Donnell Walk-a-thon is coming! This year's theme is, These BOOTS are made for WALKIN' with all proceeds going toward The BOOT Project. Students, get your creativity flowing and submit a design for this year's t-shirt!  Designs are due March 23. Pick up the template from Mrs. Gilbert.

-The Virtue for March is Appreciation of Diversity.  Those that Appreciate Diversity * Advocate for justice and equality * Are fair * Listen to others * Learn from each other * Strive to understand * Respect differences * Cooperate * Recognize cultural similarities * Treat others with dignity * Resolve conflict peacefully.  Congratulation to all of our winners!
Teachers have selected:
          6th graders- Tabitha Cap and Izaak Zechman
          7th graders- Gus Cleary and Addison Hoffman
          8th graders- Nate Wallen and Bethany Wise

-PTO normally meets the second Monday of every month in the Room 101 at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. All are welcome. The next  PTO meeting will be April 3 and nominations will be taken at this meeting.

Do you have a Facebook account? Go out and follow our new Donnell Middle School PTO Facebook page today !!!

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg.

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT
-Speed and Agility training for March 22 will be from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. in the main gym at FHS.

Building Reminders:
Students/Parents: Gum is not allowed in the building and students chewing gum will be disciplined.  Please remember if you are chewing gum on the way to school to dispose of it in a trash can before entering the building.  We want to ensure our school remains beautiful inside and out. Students also please be respectful of our neighbors by not littering on their lawns or picking their flowers on the way home from school.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.