[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 10/3/17

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Tue Oct 3 11:52:46 EDT 2017

Donnell Announcements - October 3, 2017

-Student Council will meet again on  Friday, October 13th at 7 a.m. in the Donnell Band Room.

-The Donnell Art & Craft Club's first meeting will be on Tuesday, Oct. 10.  We will meet after school in the art room until 3:15.  The first project will be sidewalk chalk, so dress for the weather.  We will have an alternate chalk project if we are not able to go outside.  A flyer with future dates and projects is available in the main office.  Hope to see you there!

-Parents if your students walk home, please remind them that they should remain on the sidewalks and not walk in the roads or be disrespectful to homeowners on their way.

-Parents if you are registering to be chaperones for the Washington DC trip, please remember that the cost is based on 4 people to a room occupancy.  If you don't want to share a bed and would like a double  occupancy or prefer to be in a room alone, that will cost more. Prodigy Student Travel can assist you in making those arrangements.

-Student Forms:  Please be sure your student forms are completed online at Final Forms. (link available on our website)  You must have forms completed in order for your student to participate in extracurricular activities and field trips.  If you need help, please don't hesitate to contact us.

-If your address changes, please update your information on Final Forms and submit a proof of residency to the office as soon as possible. We don't want you to miss any correspondence sent from the school!

-Our PTO is always looking for teachers and parents to help out with concessions.  Please see the links below to volunteer.

-The PTO Magazine/Cookie Dough fundraiser kicked off Monday.  This fundraiser goes directly to the PTO to help classrooms with items they need to make your child's experience here at Donnell the best it can be.  Please ask your student to see the packet and encourage them to sell.  The sale will end on October 5th.

-The Mixed Bag Fundraiser will be ending on October 6th.  You still have time to earn some money towards your 8th grade Washington D.C. Trip.  If you have not yet registered for the trip, please do so as soon as possible.   All Final Forms documents need to be completed as well.
-The Chess and Board Game Club will meet on Mondays after school in Mrs. Long's Room 214 until 3:15 p.m.  Please bring your own chess game if possible.  We do have several board games available.  Come join in on the fun.

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg. (fcs.org<http://fcs.org>)

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT

- The 7th grade volleyball team lost a tough match last night against Fasset. It was a close game and the girls continue to improve. Ava Roach, Liz Tisdale, Bailey Shoemaker, and Avery Roach showed excellent hustle and intensity throughout the game. Maddie Rakestraw had strong serves and Destiny Gertz and McKenna Hall played aggressively in the front row. The girls look forward to bouncing back with a win tomorrow!

-The 8th team lost against Fassett last night with scores of 16-25 and 14-25. They played exceptionally as a team. Sonoma Eynon had an amazing game with 5 kills against Fassett. Abi Harjala put two blocks down and had tremendous passing in the back row. Ashley Sterling had two kills at the net and consistent serves. Sydney Swisher was strong on defense with several digs and Marissa Bodi brought her tough serves to help the team. The girls played a spectacular match but unfortunately fell to Fassett in two games.

SCHEDULES:

Wednesday
Glenwood VB w/ Washington - 4:30 - Glenwood MS
Glenwood 7th FB w/ Lima - 5:00 - Donnell Stadium
Donnell VB at Jefferson - 4:30 - Jefferson JH
Thursday
Glenwood 8th FB at Lima - 5:00 - Lima Stadium
Donnell 7th FB at Fremont - 5:00 - Fremont Don Paul Stadium
Donnell 8th FB w/ Fremont - 5:00 - Donnell Stadium
Saturday
MS CC at Marion Harding HS

-A note from the PTO: Donnell Middle School is committed to providing Concession refreshments for our spectators, fans, students, and athletes.  This is a great opportunity for you to serve your child's school and support fundraising efforts for the PTO to provide teachers and students the much needed dollars for classrooms, activities and field trips.
Last year these funds helped the PTO to purchased pom-poms for the cheerleaders and provided funds for field trips and general teacher support.  This is an important service and benefit for our school.  It only takes a small amount of your time and effort and last year generated nearly $3000 that all went to benefit our students and teachers.  Plus it is a service to kids and spectators who don't have time to get something to eat or drink before the game. Thanks for your assistance with this valuable service and support!

We would also encourage the 7th grade parents to sign up for the 8th grade games and the 8th grade parents for the 7th grade games so you don't have to miss your own child's game.
7th Grade Sign up
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4fabaa28aafe3-7thgrade

8th Grade Sign up
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4fabaa28aafe3-8thgrade

Building Reminders:
Attendance Reminder:  It is important that you call the attendance number (1-844-305-3755) before 8 a.m. to report your child absent or late. It will not let you enter information after 8 a.m. for the current day. Always send in a note if you child has missed a day or will be leaving early.
Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.

Christina

Christina Zacharias
Donnell M.S. Secretary
419-425-8370