[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 10/5/`17

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Thu Oct 5 11:10:20 EDT 2017

Donnell Announcements - October 5, 2017

-The PTO Magazine/Cookie Dough sale has ended. Students can still drop off their orders/money on Friday if they forgot it today.

-The Mixed Bag Fundraiser will be ending on Friday, October 6th.  Please be sure your student turns in their orders tomorrow.
-Student Council will meet again on  Friday, October 13th at 7 a.m. in the Donnell Band Room.

-The Donnell Art & Craft Club's first meeting will be on Tuesday, Oct. 10.  We will meet after school in the art room until 3:15.  The first project will be sidewalk chalk, so dress for the weather.  We will have an alternate chalk project if we are not able to go outside.  A flyer with future dates and projects is available in the main office.  Hope to see you there!

-Parents if you are registering to be chaperones for the Washington DC trip, please remember that the cost is based on 4 people to a room occupancy.  If you don't want to share a bed and would like a double  occupancy or prefer to be in a room alone, that will cost more. Prodigy Student Travel can assist you in making those arrangements.  Registration deadline is October

-Student Forms:  Please be sure your student forms are completed online at Final Forms. (link available on our website)  You must have forms completed in order for your student to participate in extracurricular activities and field trips.  If you need help, please don't hesitate to contact us.

-If your address changes, please update your information on Final Forms and submit a proof of residency to the office as soon as possible. We don't want you to miss any correspondence sent from the school!

-The Chess and Board Game Club will meet on Mondays after school in Mrs. Long's Room 214 until 3:15 p.m.  Please bring your own chess game if possible.  We do have several board games available.  Come join in on the fun.

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg. (fcs.org<http://fcs.org>)

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT

Unfortunately, due to lack of volunteers there will be no concessions at tonight game. Please plan accordingly if you or your child plans to attend the game.

-The 7th grade volleyball team lost in two nail biting matches last night. It was a hard fought game with lots of energy, excitement, emotion, and intensity. McKenna Hall had a stand out game with a kill and strong serves. Liz Tisdale has great passes and Lauren Boone continues to improve as a setter. Great effort girls!
-The 8th grade volleyball team beat Jefferson in two with scores of 25-16 and 25-10. Everyone played well but stand out servers were Ashleh Robinson, Ashley Sterling, Sonoma Eynon, Marissa Bodi, and Abi Harjala. The back row played great defense lead by Marissa Bodi, Sydney Eynon and Sydney Swisher. Kyndra Kinn and Sonoma Eynon lead the team in kills. Great win, ladies!

Eighth Grade Boys Basketball- Open Gyms

Oct. 17 Tues  5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 19 Thur  5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 24 Tues  5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 26 Thur  5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 30  Mon  6:00-7:00pm
Nov. 1   Wed  5:00-6:00pm

GAME SCHEDULES:

Thursday
Glenwood 8th FB at Lima - 5:00 - Lima Stadium
Donnell 7th FB at Fremont - 5:00 - Fremont Don Paul Stadium
Donnell 8th FB w/ Fremont - 5:00 - Donnell Stadium
Saturday
MS CC at Marion Harding HS

-A note from the PTO: Donnell Middle School is committed to providing Concession refreshments for our spectators, fans, students, and athletes.  This is a great opportunity for you to serve your child's school and support fundraising efforts for the PTO to provide teachers and students the much needed dollars for classrooms, activities and field trips.
Last year these funds helped the PTO to purchased pom-poms for the cheerleaders and provided funds for field trips and general teacher support.  This is an important service and benefit for our school.  It only takes a small amount of your time and effort and last year generated nearly $3000 that all went to benefit our students and teachers.  Plus it is a service to kids and spectators who don't have time to get something to eat or drink before the game. Thanks for your assistance with this valuable service and support!

We would also encourage the 7th grade parents to sign up for the 8th grade games and the 8th grade parents for the 7th grade games so you don't have to miss your own child's game.
7th Grade Sign up
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4fabaa28aafe3-7thgrade

8th Grade Sign up
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4fabaa28aafe3-8thgrade

Building Reminders:
Attendance Reminder:  It is important that you call the attendance number (1-844-305-3755) before 8 a.m. to report your child absent or late. It will not let you enter information after 8 a.m. for the current day. Always send in a note if you child has missed a day or will be leaving early.
Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.