[Donnellparents] DMS Announcements 10/06/17

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Fri Oct 6 15:45:33 EDT 2017

Donnell Announcements - October 6, 2017

-Please see the attached Military Family Info form.  If you have not already done so and have family in the military, please complete and return the form to the office. Copies will also be sent home with your student on Monday if you don't have a printer.

-If your student has not turned in their Mixed Bag fundraiser orders or their PTO Cookie Dough/Magazine sale orders, please be sure they bring it on Monday.  Both sales have ended.

-Student Council will meet again on  Friday, October 13th at 7 a.m. in the Donnell Band Room.

-The Donnell Art & Craft Club's first meeting will be on Tuesday, Oct. 10.  We will meet after school in the art room until 3:15.  The first project will be sidewalk chalk, so dress for the weather.  We will have an alternate chalk project if we are not able to go outside.  A flyer with future dates and projects is available in the main office.  Hope to see you there!

-Parents if you are registering to be chaperones for the Washington DC trip, please remember that the cost is based on 4 people to a room occupancy.  If you don't want to share a bed and would like a double  occupancy or prefer to be in a room alone, that will cost more. Prodigy Student Travel can assist you in making those arrangements.

-Student Forms:  Please be sure your student forms are completed online at Final Forms. (link available on our website)  You must have forms completed in order for your student to participate in extracurricular activities and field trips.  If you need help, please don't hesitate to contact us.

-If your address changes, please update your information on Final Forms and submit a proof of residency to the office as soon as possible. We don't want you to miss any correspondence sent from the school!

-The Chess and Board Game Club will meet on Mondays after school in Mrs. Long's Room 214 until 3:15 p.m.  Please bring your own chess game if possible.  We do have several board games available.  Come join in on the fun.

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg. (fcs.org<http://fcs.org>)

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT

  - 8th grade lost last night 14-6.  The Trojans played hard, but fell short.  Josiah Cole took the first play for 65 yard touchdown for the Trojans.  Cullen Jordan, Jaylan Sanchez, Trace Robinson, Blaine Ritzler and TJ Barnes all played well for the Trojans.

-Reminder to supporters that no passes are accepted during the playoff games at Donnell Stadium next Thursday.  Adults will be $3.00, Students and Seniors, $1.00.  Also please keep in mind that cash box change is limited, so please change out big bills before coming to admissions.  Denominations of $10 bills or less are appreciated.  We thank you for your support!!

Eighth Grade Boys Basketball- Open Gyms

Oct. 17 Tues   5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 19 Thurs  5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 24 Tues   5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 26 Thurs  5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 30  Mon   6:00-7:00pm
Nov. 1   Wed   5:00-6:00pm

GAME SCHEDULES:

Saturday
MS CC at Marion Harding HS

Monday
Glenwood VB w/ Jefferson - 4:30 - Glenwood MS
Donnell VB at Washington - 5:00 - Washington JH
Wednesday
Glenwood VB at Lima - 4:30 - Lima West MS
Donnell VB w/ Fremont - 4:30 - Donnell MS
Glenwood 7th FB at Washington - 4:45 - Panther Stadium
Thursday
Donnell 7th FB at Fassett - 4:30 - Clay Stadium
Donnell 8th FB w/ Washington - 4:30 - Donnell Stadium-No Passes Accepted
Glenwood 8th FB w/ Fassett - 6:15 - Donnell Stadium
Saturday
MS CC at Buckeye MS Conference League Meet - Fremont Walsh Park

Building Reminders:
Attendance Reminder:  It is important that you call the attendance number (1-844-305-3755) before 8 a.m. to report your child absent or late. It will not let you enter information after 8 a.m. for the current day. Always send in a note if you child has missed a day or will be leaving early.

Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.