[Donnellparents] DMS Announcement 10/24/17

Christina Zacharias czacharias at findlaycityschools.org
Tue Oct 24 10:40:56 EDT 2017

Donnell Announcements - October 24, 2017

-Picture Retakes will be Wednesday, October 25 in the morning.  Order packets can be picked up in the office. All new students must have a picture taken even if no photos will be purchased.
-Parents if you are registering to be chaperones for the Washington DC trip, please remember that the cost is based on 4 people to a room occupancy.  If you don't want to share a bed and would like a double  occupancy or prefer to be in a room alone, that will cost more. Prodigy Student Travel can assist you in making those arrangements. Deadline for registering students and chaperones is October 27.  Your deposit must be made to be considered registered.

Change!! The Donnell Art & Craft Club will meet on Wednesday, October 25 after school in the art room until 3:15.  We will be painting mini pumpkins!  No need to bring anything but yourself! Hope to see you there!

-The Chess and Board Game Club will meet on Mondays after school in Mrs. Long's Room 214 until 3:15 p.m.  Please bring your own chess game if possible.  We do have several board games available.  Come join in on the fun.

-Sign Language Club will meet WEDS 10/25 after school 2:40-3:15 p.m.  All abilities are welcome you can join at any time!

-Student Forms:  We still have several students with incomplete Final Forms Assistance is available here in the school.  You must have forms completed in order for your student to participate in extracurricular activities and field trips.  If you need help, please don't hesitate to contact us.

-If your address changes, please update your information on Final Forms and submit a proof of residency to the office as soon as possible. We don't want you to miss any correspondence sent from the school!

-Always be sure and check our online calendars for the most updated information about events that may be happening in our district/bldg. (fcs.org<http://fcs.org>)

FROM OUR ATHLETIC DEPT

- Students planning on trying out for basketball or participating in wrestling need to make sure all Final Forms are completed and that they have a completed an up to date physical. Students who did not play a fall sport need to give the physical to their basketball or wrestling coach prior to the first practice/tryout.  Physicals are to be printed off from the student's final form website.

7th Boys BBall- Open Gyms
Oct. 24 - 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Nov. 1 - 6:00 - 7:30 pm

Eighth Grade Boys Basketball- Open Gyms
Oct. 24 Tues  5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 26 Thur  5:00-6:00pm
Oct. 30  Mon  6:00-7:00pm
Nov. 1   Wed  5:00-6:00pm

Seventh and Eighth Girls- Open Gym:  Tuesday October 24th and Thursday Oct. 26th,
2:45 to 4:00 p.m.

7th Girls BBall Tryouts
Oct 30th  2:45 - 4:30
Oct 31st  2:45 - 4:30
Nov 1st   2:45 - 4:30
Nov 2nd   2:45 - 4:30
8th Girls BBall Tryouts
Oct 30th   4:30 - 6:00
Oct 31st   4:30 - 6:00
Nov 1st     4:30 - 6:00
Nov 2nd   4:30 - 6:00
7th Boys BBall Tryouts
Nov 3rd   4:30 - 6:30
Nov 4th      12 - 2 pm
Nov 6th   4:30 - 6:30
Nov 7th    4:30 - 6:30
8th Boys BBall Tryouts
Nov 3rd    6:30 - 8:30
Nov 4th    10:00 am- Noon
Nov 6th    6:30 - 8:30
Nov 7th    6:30 - 8:30
Wrestling
Be sure to come to the wrestling room dressed to wrestle.
1st Practice - Friday Nov 10th 2:30 - 4:30 pm
Open mats - Oct.19, 24, 26, 31 Nov. 2, 7, 9 (After school until 3:30)

GAME SCHEDULES:
Thursday
Donnell VB w/ Fassett Gold - 4:30 - Donnell MS
Glenwood VB at Fassett Green - 4:30 - Fassett MS
Donnell 7th FB at Lima - 4:30 - Lima Stadium
Glenwood 8th FB at Lima - 6:15 - Lima Stadium (Buckeye Middle School Conference Championship Game)
Saturday
Donnell and Glenwood 7th VB at BMSC Tournament - Clay HS
Donnell and Glenwood 8th VB at BMSC Tournament - Lima Sr. HS

Building Reminders:
Attendance Reminder:  It is important that you call the attendance number (1-844-305-3755) before 8 a.m. to report your child absent or late. It will not let you enter information after 8 a.m. for the current day. Always send in a note if you child has missed a day or will be leaving early.
Arrivals/Departures:
Parents - please do not pick up or drop off any car riders on Baldwin Avenue.  All car riders should be dropped off and picked up on Lime Street.  It is very dangerous having students run across the street in front of buses.  Our students' safety is our top priority - please use Lime Street. Doors open in the morning at 7:20 a.m. and students are expected to be out of the bldg. and picked up by 2:45 p.m. each day.