[Glenwoodparents] Announcements

Lisa Fish lfish at findlaycityschools.org
Wed Sep 6 08:57:46 EDT 2017

Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Congratulations to Mr. Schively's first period class for being the 1st to master their first set of math fluencies.
Our Fundraiser kick off is today!  Students will be bringing home brochures and order forms today and all money and orders are due Monday, September 18th. This is a PTO fundraiser so please make checks payable to Glenwood PTO!  Our next PTO meeting is Monday, Sept. 11 at 5:00 p.m.
The 7th grade football team lost to Liberty Benton. Grady Schroeder, Andon King, Cole Barnes and Dylan Stacey played offense and defense.

Our Volleyball team plays Fassett Gold in our gym at 4:30 today!  Good Luck Girls!
Our 8th grade football team plays against Upper Sandusky at Donnell Stadium at 5:00. Go Trojans!
Student council students:  All students that turned in a student council form will need to meet in Mrs. Fillhart's room this Friday, Sept. 8th, right after school for about 10 minutes.  If you are unable to attend this meeting, you MUST see Mrs. Fillhart or Mrs. Taylor BEFORE Friday's meeting.
SHOCKWAVE, the Findlay Middle School Indoor Drumline is celebrating our 20th season and has a few open spots in this year's Drumline to fill.  Open spots include: Vibes, bells, synthesizer and rack.  If you are interested in joining please contact Mr. Sheehe at bsheehe at fcs.org<mailto:bsheehe at fcs.org> or let Mr. Wilson or Mr. Springer know.

Coach Ritzler will be selling FHS football tickets for this Friday's home game on Thursday morning from 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. in the office.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION! 7th graders will need 1 dose of Meningococcal vaccine in addition to Tdap prior to the first day of school or have an appointment scheduled.  Please contact your health care provider or Hancock County Public Health at 419-424-7441 to schedule an appointment.  Our Nurse, Mrs. Yu, will need your shot record or your appointment date by tomorrow, Sept. 6th.  If we have not received anything from you by Sept. 11th, your child will be sent home and it will be an unexcused absence.  Please contact the school office if you have any questions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Student Emergency Medical Forms - You must register and complete their Emergency Medical Forms on FinalForms online program.  Please register now at https://findlay-oh.finalforms.com and electronically complete all appropriate forms!  Anyone that does not have access to a computer or internet, please call the office for assistance.
When calling your student in absent or late, please call the attendance line @ 1-844-305-3755 before 8:00 a.m.  If your student is to leave early, please send them with a note to Mrs. Spiceland in the main office.  All absences must be reported using this toll free number or online.  Please continue to follow the absences with a note within 2 days of the student returning to school.
******
Previous announcements
Parents please remember that drop off and pick up for students is in the back (East side) of the building. The front is for busses only. Thank you!
Please be sure all checks are made payable to "Findlay City Schools".  We will no longer be accepting checks made out to any other names such as FHS, FFE, Athletics, etc.  You may continue to write what you would like in the memo area, but the check will need to be payable to Findlay City Schools.

Progress Book Access
If you need assistance with setting up your students/parent progress book access, please go to this link http://www.findlaycityschools.org/pbhelp.html. Please note that no papers will be sent home and all requests for resets or new passwords must go to this link above.

If you would like to be more informed on what's happening at Glenwood Middle School, please visit and LIKE Glenwood Middle School Fan page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GlenwoodMiddleSchool.

Glenwood Middle School has a text alert for Glenwood Middle School Students.  Not only will they receive delays and cancellations of school and events, but other valuable announcements.  If interested in subscribing go to the following link and click on "Subscribe to Alerts and fill in the appropriate information:  http://ohioalerts.org/Findlay<http://ohioalerts.org/Findlay>

The Mission of the Glenwood Middle School is to develop within each student the ability to recognize and realize their individual potential to be lifelong learners who are caring, flexible, contributing citizens in an ever changing society. This is accomplished through families, students, staff, and community working together to provide a positive atmosphere where all students can attain the virtues necessary to achieve their mental, physical, and emotional potential.