[Glenwoodparents] Announcements

Lisa Fish lfish at findlaycityschools.org
Thu Sep 21 11:41:47 EDT 2017

Thursday, September 21, 2017
Let's Synergize!  We have invited students to the Donnell vs. Glenwood Football game today at 4:30.  Tailgating starts at 4:00 p.m.  Each student was given a ticket for a pizza and a drink. They will turn in their ticket and receive another ticket that will give them admittance into the game.
Today we are having a pep rally and we will follow our PM Assembly schedule.  Lunches will be a little earlier so we will provide snacks if needed.
Mr. Ritzler will be selling FHS football tickets tomorrow morning from 7:30 - 8:00!
Ball Metal will pick up our aluminum cans on Thursday, September 28th.  We hope you have been collecting them!
Remember that all Outdoor School Paperwork and money is due to your Science Teacher by Monday,  September 25th, 2017. If you have questions, or need another copy of the required paperwork, please see you Science Teacher.
Fall Picture Retakes are Monday, September 25th.
8th Grade Washington D.C. trip!  There is a parent meeting on Tuesday, September 26th at 7:00 in the Cafetorium.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Student Emergency Medical Forms - You must register and complete their Emergency Medical Forms on FinalForms online program.  Please register now at https://findlay-oh.finalforms.com and electronically complete all appropriate forms!  Anyone that does not have access to a computer or internet, please call the office for assistance.
When calling your student in absent or late, please call the attendance line @ 1-844-305-3755 before 8:00 a.m.  If your student is to leave early, please send them with a note to Mrs. Spiceland in the main office.  All absences must be reported using this toll free number or online.  Please continue to follow the absences with a note within 2 days of the student returning to school.

It is Spirit Week
Friday - Blue and Gold - show us your school spirit

Findlay Youth Girls and Boys Basketball
Findlay "Ohio Logistics" GIRL'S and BOY'S Youth Basketball Tryouts will be held on SUNDAY, Sept. 24 6:00pm - 8:00pm at Findlay High School.  Tryouts with skill development for Findlay students in grades 3-6 will begin at 6:00 at Findlay High School.
Girls Basketball Tryouts
Location:  FHS Aux. Gym
Time:  6:00pm - 8:00pm
Grade:  Findlay students in grades 3-6
What to bring:  Shorts, T-shirts and Basketball Shoes
Boys Basketball Tryouts
Location:  FHS Main. Gym
Time:  6:00pm - 8:00pm
Grade:  Findlay students in grades 3-6
What to bring:  Shorts, T-shirts and Basketball Shoes

******
Previous announcements
The weight room will be open to all 7th and 8th grade students on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:45 - 3:45.
Parents please remember that drop off and pick up for students is in the back (East side) of the building. The front is for busses only. Thank you!
Please be sure all checks are made payable to "Findlay City Schools".  We will no longer be accepting checks made out to any other names such as FHS, FFE, Athletics, etc.  You may continue to write what you would like in the memo area, but the check will need to be payable to Findlay City Schools.

Progress Book Access
If you need assistance with setting up your students/parent progress book access, please go to this link http://www.findlaycityschools.org/pbhelp.html. Please note that no papers will be sent home and all requests for resets or new passwords must go to this link above.

If you would like to be more informed on what's happening at Glenwood Middle School, please visit and LIKE Glenwood Middle School Fan page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GlenwoodMiddleSchool.

Glenwood Middle School has a text alert for Glenwood Middle School Students.  Not only will they receive delays and cancellations of school and events, but other valuable announcements.  If interested in subscribing go to the following link and click on "Subscribe to Alerts and fill in the appropriate information:  http://ohioalerts.org/Findlay<http://ohioalerts.org/Findlay>

The Mission of the Glenwood Middle School is to develop within each student the ability to recognize and realize their individual potential to be lifelong learners who are caring, flexible, contributing citizens in an ever changing society. This is accomplished through families, students, staff, and community working together to provide a positive atmosphere where all students can attain the virtues necessary to achieve their mental, physical, and emotional potential.