[Whittierparents] FW: 2-hour delay/Volunteering/Save the Date!/conferences

Susan Chesebro schesebro at findlaycityschools.org
Thu Oct 1 11:34:09 EDT 2015

Susan Chesebro
Whittier Elementary School
Principal
[cid:C17C668A-F71A-4B09-B75A-A2457C4F555E]

From: Technology Services <schesebro at findlaycityschools.org<mailto:schesebro at findlaycityschools.org>>
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 11:18 AM
To: Whittierparents <whittierparents-bounces at mailman.findlaycityschools.org<mailto:whittierparents-bounces at mailman.findlaycityschools.org>>
Subject: 2-hour delay/Volunteering/Save the Date!/conferences

Please remember, we are on a scheduled 2 hour delay tomorrow, October 2.  Our staff will be participating in professional development.  Buses run 2 hours later than the regular schedule.  Our doors open at 11:00 a.m.  Breakfast is not served on 2-hour delay days.

We consider our students and staff very fortunate to have the dedication of wonderful volunteers!  When you come to volunteer, we ask that you please make arrangements for younger siblings and/or children in your care.  Younger children are a distraction to you and our students and cause the work time to not always be as focused and productive as possible.  We appreciate your time, and finding other arrangements for little ones!

Save the Date!  Whittier students and staff enjoy a Costume Parade in the neighborhood prior to our Fall/Halloween parties in the classrooms.  Students are invited to wear costumes (non-violent in theme, no weapons/play items permitted).  We plan the parade for 1:30 p.m., Friday, October 30.  Families are invited to watch our parade which leaves through the school parking lot, travels down Morse St., and back again.  You can observe from any spot along the way!  Unfortunately, in the event of inclement weather, this event is cancelled.

Please remember your upcoming parent/teacher conference!  This is an important time to to ask questions and learn about your child’s progress this school year.
If you would like an appointment with any of our special area teachers, they are available at all conference times and happy to meet with you.  Please call the school office to schedule an appointment with Mr. Wohl, Mrs. Biggs, or Miss Wicinski.  We look forward to seeing you at conference time!

Susan Chesebro
Whittier Elementary School
Principal
[cid:C08072E0-4CCD-4C83-8B54-32D3B059BC46]